Conditions to accessing your superDecember 11 2020
Pros and cons of reverse mortgagesDecember 11 2020
Adopting sustainable practices for your business is a great way to contribute positively to the environment. These changes won’t significantly impact business operations, but will effectively reduce the carbon footprint of your business.
- Office location: This is relevant if you are moving to a new location or are newly starting your business. Choose a location which is convenient via public transport or accessible to bike lanes. This will help employees avoid driving to work which contributes significantly more to the carbon footprint than public transport.
- Reduce the use of single-use products: There are lots of disposable products such as cups, spoons, and coffee pods regularly used in the office which cause excess waste that can be easily avoided. Instead, opt for reusable items and also put in recycling bins around the office so that if single-use products are used, they can be disposed of appropriately.
- Reduce water usage: Conserving water usage can be very simple. Install a dishwasher to efficiently wash the reusable utensils you have bought for the office. Ensuring that there are no leaking taps and the office uses low-flow toilets and faucets will also contribute to reducing waste.
- Recycle electronics: Whenever you are replacing your electronics (such as monitors, smartphones, printers, etc.) to update your technology and find that they are still working well, consider donating them to charities or schools who will be more than willing to put them to good use. If the electronics are not working, then there are technology recycling programs that you can use.
- Sustainable partnerships: Building sustainable partnerships with like-minded businesses benefits the environment and makes it easier for businesses to make more environmentally conscious decisions.
Making these changes isn’t particularly difficult for businesses but will significantly impact the carbon footprint businesses leave.